Capriccio Ensemble is busy preparing for many live bridal showcases and performances in February and March!
We have recently performed for Bridal Shows held at:
1. The Crowne Plaza Hotel on 1/11/10: I performed myself for a little while at the entrance...on my violin!
2. At the Surf Club of New Rochelle NY on 1/13/10 an "Everything Bridal" show. We performed as a Duet of Violin and Cello.
3. At the Westchester County Bridal Expo held on 1/30/10 with a Duet of Harp and Violin performing from 11 AM - 1:30 and a String Trio and Duet of Violin and Cello from 2 PM - 4 PM
4. On 2/17/10 at the Surf Club of New Rochelle at their Preferred Vendors/Recommended vendors showcase; We performed in the lobby on the lower landing of the beautiful all new double sweetheart staircase in the lobby, as a Duet of Flute and Violin.
5,. On 2/18/10 at Villa Russo's in Richmond Hills NY. We performed as a Duet of Harp and Violin.
We will perform live for a bridal show next on 3/10/10 at the Surf Club of New Rochelle as a Duet of 2 Violins.
The following eveining on 3/11/10 we will perform live at a bridal show held at the Sheraton LaGuardia East Hotel in Flushing (Queens) NY. We will perform as Duo of Violin and Piano.
Athough we are opting to perform as duo's for the bridal shows you can reserve us via any instrumental solo or combination that you fancy. Please feel free to inquire about the various ensembles we offer and instrumentations, or solo performers!
Our recent and up coming schedule of booked performances:
1. 1/29/10 at Manhattan Penthouse, NYC. I performed on my Violin as a soloist at the ceremony of our stunning bride and very handsome groom and our pianist performed an all jazzy cocktail hour.
2. On 2/6/10 at a Prophet Elias Greek Orthodox Church in Yonkers NY a duet of violin and cello performed beautiful music for guest seating, the Processional Rececssional and Exit music for the Greek mass of Christina and Peter. Our repertoire included their requests for Disney songs, a charming but simple arrangement of "La vie en Rose", and a rousing conclusion/recessional performance of "Bittersweet Symphony" which I arranged especially for our string team!
3. 2/6/10 a special commemorative service was held at St. John's Episcopal Church/St. John's on the Hill in Tuckahoe NY. I performed "Ave Maria" by JS Bach-Gounod with the accompaniment of the fabulous staff organist and choir master of St. Johns, Church, Ann Patton and my sister Amy, flutist and fellow founding member of Capriccio Ensemble also performed a solo for the service with organ accompaniment which was an arrangement for Flute and Organ or piano called "Simple Gifts".
4. On 2/19/10 I was reserved quite last minute/on 2/14/10 for performance as a Solo Violinist at the wedding ceremony of Alicia and Ed which was held at "The Brownstone" in W. Paterson NJ. The groom was a member of Hoboken's finest/Hoboken PD and the ceremony room was filled with many officers from the team. The bride entered to her favorite strains of "Canon in D" by Pachelbel and the Bride and Groom exited as the all new Mr. and Mrs to "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles performed by me on my violin. The comments that I received were that the sound was very festive even as performed by just me/one single violinist with no accompaniment and I wanted to share that as many of you may be "on a budget" and perhaps 1 solo violin can be under your consideration as a choice for ceremony music as a beautiful classy live element for your very special day and to help to make your wedding ceremony that much more enjoyable and memorable!
5. 2/20/10: another very late reservation came through via a recommendation by the venue, Seamens Church Institute in lower Manhattan at 241 Water Street right next to the South Street Seaport..a request came in on Friday 2/12 to Capriccio Ensemble for a solo instrument to perform at the up coming ceremony of Anabel and her fiance David. As no violinist or cellist were available Capriccio Ensemble provided the couple with a lovely Flute soloist for the ceremony. Selections by Pachelbel, Schubert, Handel as well as a performance of "Amazing Grace" were the music which was performed by the flutist, for this very special occasion.
6. 2/20/10 a Duet of Violin and Cello performed at the 3 West Club for the wedding ceremony and cocktail hour of Russell and Camilla. Their selections for the ceremony/Processionals were very traditional. I chose a soft sweet selection, "Minuet" from "Minuet and Dance of the Blessed Spirits" by CW GLuck for their Candle lighting portion which began with their mothers lighting the 2 side tapers and concluded with the couple lighting the main candle.
At the cocktail hour we performed Sinatra songs, showtunes, light jazzy songs, Beatles songs and vintage rock songs concluding with "Bittersweet Symphony".
There is a breathtaking view of the top of St. Patrick's Cathedral from the 9th floor cocktail hour room. To us it is alot of fun to see this as we have worked with Dr. Jennifer Pascual, the Director of Music of the Cathedral of St. Patrick on numerous occasions and we have even performed on the grounds of the church (on W. 51st St closer to Madison Avenue) for a special private event the Cardinal sponsored to raise money for a children's charity that is near and dear to him.
This weekend on 3/5 I am celebrating another birthday and I have not taken any performance work for the entire weekend. ....orders of my husband who says he has plans :)
We have several events in March one of which is the performance (worth a free service we offered which is a value of a minimum of $700.00) of 1 Harp and 1 Violin at a wedding mass won as a prize by a lovely bride and groom named Joanna and Justin via the WOTY which is the "Wedding of the Year" sponsored by liweddings.com every year in January where lots of prizes and free services by many advertisors are a part of the festivities.
This will occur on 3/.20/10 at a Catholic Church in Brookville NY.
We are also performing as a String Trio of 2 Violins and Cello for the
Wedding Ceremony of the owner of "My Bellissima" which is a full wedding coordinating salon. The wedding of Laura Bianco takes place at a Catholic church in Florham Park, NJ on 3/13/10 in the afternoon. The selections she has chosen are:
"Jesu Joy of Man's Desiring" by JS Bach for the Entrance and Seating of Family and as the Mother's will light the side candles
"She's got a Way" by Billy Joel for the Bridesmaids
"Canon in D" for Laura/the Bride's Entrance
"Minuet" by CW Gluck as the Bride and Groom light the Main Candle together
"Ode to Joy (Beethoven) going into "All You Need is Love" by the Beatles and to conclude
with exit selections: "When I'm 64" by the Beatles and "Bittersweet Symphony" by the Verve
On the evening of 3/13/10 we perform for Meggan and Jon
at the Foundry of L.I.C via a String Quartet. Meggan has chosen these selections:
Erev Shel Shoshanim
Largo from Winter from the Four Seasons by Vivaldi
Some Enchanted Evening by Richard Rodgers
La Vie en Rose
The Processionals are an eclectic and romantic mix of:
"Simple Gifts" for Grandparents and Parents
"Thank You" (my arrangement) for the Groomsmen through the entrance of the Groom and his Parents
"Allegro" from Spring of the Four Seasons by Vivaldi
"She's Got a Way" by Billy Joel for Meggan/the Bride's Special Music
The Recessional is "Siman Tov-Mazel Tov flowing into a Jewish medley of dance music including Chosen Mazel tov.
On 3/20 we perform for the WOTY Bride..described fully above.
On 3/27 a String trio of 2 violins and cello will perform at a wedding ceremony and cocktail hour to be held at the exquisite Oheka Castle. Music selections are TBD
On 3/28/10 a String trio of 1 violin, 1 viola and 1 cello shall perform at a wedding ceremony
and also at a wedding cocktail hour in Westchester with the ceremony to be held at the O'Bryne Chapel on the grounds of Manhattanville College and the cocktail hour to be held at the Fountainhead of New Rochelle NY.
We are looking forward to all of the shows, and performances ahead and are very grateful for all of the performance work and opportunities!
Wishing everyone a Happy early spring! If we think "spring" it will be here sooner than we all know....all the best
Natalie and Capriccio Ensemble